Men may be (still) dominant in business world, but you and I have to admit that mompreneurs are tougher and have more tenacity than the rest that call themselves “entrepreneur.”
Mompreneur is someone who plays a leading role in two totally different worlds – As an entrepreneur and a mom.
If you men think entrepreneurship is tough and cut-throat, think again – Being a mom is even tougher than entrepreneurship. I know because I “test the water” myself.
I work at home and manage my businesses from the “comfort” of my home. Entrepreneurship is challenging, indeed, but taking care of my children when my wife is away is a much, much tougher job. You can probably manage dozens, if not hundreds, of employee, but I bet you will be having a hard time managing just two children.
Of course, as parents, you have to share roles, but you can’t deny that moms are the ruler of your house – They work full-time “managing” the households. Now add entrepreneurship to that you will get – mompreneur – THE super entrepreneur. I don’t know what to call a single mom who is also an entrepreneur…
I have full respect to mompreneurs – Balancing motherhood and entrepreneurship is trivial; you can’t just choose one to succeed – You need both work well to be a successful mompreneur.
Here are some great tips from Entrepreneur.com’s Lisa Druxman to someone considering becoming a mom entrepreneur:
- Be clear about why you want to become a mompreneur, and stay true to that reason.
- Be flexible, and have a sense of humor along the way.
- Don’t let fear of failure stand in your way. Be willing to take risks.
- Be a model mom. Run your business and your life in a way that you want your children to learn from.
- Be mom first and foremost. You have the rest of your life to take on the business world.
Image by Entrepreneurial Design.