Budget-Friendly Ways for Small Businesses to Test Paid Media Channels

Budget-Friendly Ways for Small Businesses to Test Paid Media Channels

You probably don’t have a significant marketing budget as a small business owner. However, that still leaves you with some opportunity to effectively market your company if you apply creativity and hard work.

One of the most effective strategies is paid media advertising. Paid media advertising is the foundation of any digital marketing strategy. Here are some economic strategies to make the most of a budget and consider the importance of collaborating with a paid media company.

Paid media advertising
image credit: Rawpixel

Understanding the Significance of Testing Paid Media

By allocating a portion of your budget to a small activation that yields results, you can avoid wasting money on unproven strategies instead of throwing everything at it. In other words, strategic testing can function as a trial run for your media buying plan, saving money and effort.

You will also gain an understanding of clients’ consumption habits, including the channels they frequent and the formats they prefer. By doing this, you can reduce the likelihood of experimenting on channels where your target audience is inactive.

Establishing clear goals is crucial for creating a paid media advertising plan. Identifying them will help you choose the best strategies, whether you want to increase conversions, website traffic, or brand exposure.

Identifying the Right Channels to Test

If you’re considering promoting your products or services on Google Ads, you can monitor the keywords being bid on at high rates. This will help you decide where to focus your efforts and determine the price range that will enable you to maintain competitiveness in the market.

Moreover, analyze the keywords that competitors are bidding on more frequently so that you can also target them. Businesses can use it to make investment decisions confidently, helping them allocate resources more effectively.

With over three billion monthly active users, Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms for paid media campaigns. You can continuously split-test Facebook ads to ensure the best possible performance.

It helps you improve your advertising to ensure it continues to perform better, and it helps you understand which adjustments do or don’t influence performance. As a result, this can reduce your Facebook advertising costs by consistently enhancing the quality of your ads.

According to a LinkedIn survey, the platform is the best for generating leads. Furthermore, 4 out of 5 of its 900 million members influence business decisions. Marketers should allocate 70% of their budget to campaigns to raise awareness, increase engagement, and generate leads while allocating the remaining 30% to other marketing activities.

Revise your ad formats, experiment with different form templates, monitor your expenses over time, and closely track your marketing budget.

A/B testing for marketing

Creative Strategies for Low-Cost Testing

Regardless of your chosen platform, you can enhance your strategy for optimal results and make data-driven decisions by testing different components and measuring their impact.

With A/B testing, you can continuously optimize your campaigns based on data-driven outcomes, adjusting your advertisements to improve performance over time. But don’t spend all of your budget at once. Instead, make gradual changes and allocate a small percentage of the budget when the results are optimal.

Another effective method to maximize your limited budget is utilizing user-generated content for testing. With these ads, there’s little spending on creating the campaign itself, and you can gain more insights into what your audience wants. This allows you to have a greater impact on your media campaign.

Analyzing Results & Iterating Strategies

For small businesses looking to venture into paid media, it’s crucial to conduct tests to achieve consistent growth over an extended period.

Furthermore, as user behavior evolves, we must frequently conduct tests to uncover new insights. With paid media, you can track your results immediately instead of waiting until the campaign ends.

Doing this will give you greater control over the outcome, allowing you to adjust your ads, experiment with new strategies, reallocate resources, and redefine your target market. So, regardless of the budget, you will always stay one step ahead!

Danny Shepherd

Danny Shepherd is co-CEO of Intero Digital, a 350-person digital marketing agency that offers comprehensive, results-driven marketing solutions. Danny has more than 20 years of experience directing paid media strategies, optimizing SEO, and building solutions-oriented content and PR. He leads a team of experts in web design and development, Amazon marketing, social media, video, and graphic design.