Business owners – you might want to consider selling your outdated or unused mobile devices, instead of stacking them in your storage cabinet or throwing them away.
If you are considering that option, read on as I will offer you some tips on how to sell your phones and tablets, how to help your employees to dispose their gadgets, and how to make recycling a company policy and culture.
Office waste: it’s much more than you might think
Let’s admit it: Running a business creates wastes – even if you are not a factory that generates toxic wastes as byproducts. Papers, office furniture, plastic bottles, print cartridges, unused equipments and gadgets, and so on.
If you think about it, it’s quite aplenty, don’t you think? Well, here’s the fact: It’s much more than many people think; in 2008, bad office waste practices cost UK businesses GBP15 billion. Yes, billions.
But those are just a waste of resources. Not all of those wastes are worth-throwing-away. According to the same source, about 70 percent of office waste is actually recyclable. However, UK businesses were doing a lousy job, but they are getting better – but still, there are always rooms for improvement.
“So, how to recycle more and retain/recover as much value as possible from the wastes?” you might ask. To answer, there are many office items you can recycle. Mostly will be in the form of your office equipments and gadgets.
Here’s one item for you to consider: Your mobile devices.
Recycling your mobile devices: Why?
The great thing about mobile technology is the ability for you to do more and better with greater mobility. Unfortunately, mobile tech advances so fast, that your devices are rendered outdated in months, not years.
Stacking your outdated devices in your storage shelves is a waste of space. Throwing them away is not ideal, as they still have value somehow. So, what’s your option?
Here’s one: Sell and recycle them.
How to recycle and sell my phone
The easiest way would be partnering with a phone recycling service provider.
Here’s how: The whole process is pretty straightforward, really. Just enter the mobile device model you wish to sell, see the offered price, fill in some details, and you are done. Next, you should send your mobile device to Sell My Phone and will be issued payments as soon as your device arrives.
There are several benefits partnering with such service provider:
- You will receive the payment on the same day your device arrives.
- You can choose how to receive your payment – via bank transfer or Paypal.
- Competitive and transparent pricing.
- If you change your mind, you can get your device returned – as simple as that
Please note that not all brands are accepted. But if your phone or tablet is the make of these brands, there will be no issue: Apple, Blackberry, HTC, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Sony, LG and Nokia.
From the business standpoint, the phone recycling shop’s service is convenient at best. Here’s why:
- You don’t have to negotiate for prices – pricing is transparent, which can be viewed online; take it or leave it.
- You receive cash, instead of store credits. You can choose how to allocate the cash, instead of half-forced to spend your store credits on things your business doesn’t need.
- You don’t have to bring your phones and tablets with you – just send them in a package, and if everything is in working order, you will receive the payment – fast and secure.
Takeaway: How to make phone recycling a company culture and policy
So, there you go; now you know how to deal with your old devices that are laying around in your office, contributing nothing for the company. But you should not stop here – there’s more you can do to reduce wastes from devices even more.
Here are a couple of suggestions:
- Help your employees sell their unused devices. This way you help creating a culture of recycling among your staff members.
- Educate your staffs and make recycling a company policy. Recycling makes your office greener by reducing hazardous wastes, such as electronic devices. Not only that, recycling also keeps you office space tidy and inventory effective and efficient. Encourage your staffs to share your vision.
So, get started today – sell your unused/unwanted mobile devices.