E-commerce is increasing these days. Many customers spend a lot to buy things online. This market is growing steadily. If you wish to be successful when it comes to an online business, you have to invest in some e-commerce store builder that can help you out. There are some options that you can choose from. This article aims to tell you the differences between big commerce vs shopify.
You need to keep in mind that every e-commerce cart is not made the same. The two which tend to be ready to use and need hardly any advanced technical skills when setting up include BigCommerce along with Shopify.
How to select some SaaS Ecommerce Store Builder
Selecting your cart should not only be concerned with site loading speed and mobile readiness. You need to consider the payment gates that every platform works with, the SEO features on the platform, what kinds of products along with e-commerce store models function the best for each.
You should consider the basics that each e-commerce store gives. Remember that no cart will be perfect. You need to consider the pros and cons. Next, look at scalability. These are the features which help your store growing better.
This is so that you do not need to change to another cart when your business is advancing. It is extremely tough to change to another cart, therefore, be alert when selecting a cart. Take out time to do this.
You should see the ease of use of the cart. These are the characteristics that allow the cart to be user-friendly when it comes to you and also your shoppers. You want something that customers can use easily and find no hardship with. This is because if the customer finds it tough navigating your website, then they may not want to buy things from you.
Pros and cons of BigCommerce and Shopify
Let us start by looking at the pros and cons of both these builders.
Some pros of BigCommerce:
- You can get real-time shopping quotes along with gift cards that are present out of the box.
- The card abandonment recovery setup is also better designed.
- Is developed to allow the marketing of a site to be simple due to SEO tools galore. When it comes to search engine optimization, BigCommerce dominates.
Some cons of BigCommerce:
- There are selling limits.
- You will get fewer apps along with integrations in comparison to Shopify.
- The credit card processing is also more expensive.
Some Shopify pros:
- With Shopify, you will get more integrations as well as apps.
- There are also lower fees when it comes to credit card processing.
- You will get better templates as well as designs that are more varied.
- There are no limits when it comes to selling.
- The partner support is more.
- Shopify is generally easier to even set up.
Some Shopify cons:
- You will need third-party apps to receive the functionality you desire.
- There are fees for the third-party gateways. This is unless you utilize Shopify Payments.
- The search engine optimization is listed as a con when it comes to Shopify.
Some Feature Comparisons of Shopify And Bigcommerce
When it comes to Shopify and BigCommerce, these both provide multiple subscription choices. The monthly pricing plans for Shopify are $9 for Lite, for Basic, it is $29, for Shopify you will pay $79, for Advanced the cost is $299. You can also get a custom quote which is Plus.
For BigCommerce the pricing points are quite similar to Shopify. For standard, you will pay $29.95, for Plus the cost is $79.95, for Pro, it is $249.95. The custom quote is Enterprise.
You should carefully consider these plans and not get fooled by any. See what they offer and consider if you need those things. For instance, you should know that the “lite” plan when it comes to Shopify tends not to be an e-commerce store choice.
This option allows you to sell on Facebook, employ a Shopify button upon the existing site you have, also accept credit card payments, moreover handle inventory by employing Shopify’s backend software. Therefore you need to keep what they offer in mind.
BigCommerce and Shopify Plus tend to be two platforms that can be used by an e-commerce business. You can look at the differences between big commerce enterprise vs shopify plus and choose the one that is best suited to your business.