As with each anticipated release of a new iPhone, rumours are flying, including the release date, its ‘official’ name and new features.
The launch of Apple’s latest iPhone 7 (or 6s) is rumoured to be on the 8th or 9th of September. Amongst the rumours and sparking further interest, has been a ‘leaked’ image of a pink model. Perfect for those girls who have been desperately waiting to get an iPhone in their favourite colour!
However, if you are a business user, the colour probably isn’t high up on your requirements of a mobile phone. So, here are 10 new (rumoured) features that you may find of interest:
1. Siri becoming more proactive in recognising your behaviour – Siri is already a pretty handy tool for business use, acting effectively as a PA in your pocket. So becoming more proactive in recognising your behaviour can only be a good thing!
2. Longer battery life – iPhone batteries are notorious for running out quickly. The longer your battery lasts, the longer you can carry on working.
3. Wireless charging – perfect for when your battery does run out, so you can carry on with work, away from a plug socket!
4. Improvement to existing apps including maps and notes – ideal if you travel for work or use your phone to capture ideas. The map upgrade will come with highly detailed public transport directions, whilst the notes will include interactive to-do lists, the option to add photos, web links and maps plus other Apple tools will be better integrated with the app.
5. Force Touch technology – enabling users to navigate the device far more easily and efficiently. By pushing down hard on the touchscreen, the user will get a different response to the usual tap. For example, this could mean that something requiring two or three button taps now requires one Force Touch press. Perfect to save time for business users that already feel there aren’t enough hours in their working day.
6. A smaller, faster and less power hungry A9 processor – again, increasing speed and performance for the busy user.
7. A two-lens camera system for DLSR quality photos – means that if your work requires photography, you won’t need to carry around a separate camera, as your phone will do the job!
8. Scratch resistant Sapphire glass – a scratched screen can happen easily and often, but doesn’t look very professional when conducting business.
9. A stronger phone with a safety feature that ensures handsets land screen-up – if you drop your phone it is more than likely to smash the screen. As above, this new technology would mean you don’t constantly have to be without your phone, possibly missing important business calls, whilst it is being fixed. The new phone is rumoured to be made from stronger metal alloys than its predecessor, to prevent it bending and cracking in users’ pockets.
10. Built-in electronic Sim – would allow people to switch easily between networks and payment plans, so business users could set up separate accounts for professional and personal calls – and avoid costly roaming charges by switching to local network providers while overseas.
If the rumours are true and the iPhone 7 sounds like the perfect phone for all your business needs, then you don’t have long to wait. It is due to go on sale on 25th September, according to a leaked e-mail from Vodafone!
As with all new iPhones, there is the possibility that something will go wrong! Being without your phone is a pain at the best of times, but even more so when you use it for business. If you plan to purchase the new iPhone, bookmark http://www.lovefone.co.uk/ then if the worst does happen, you know that you can get it fixed in less than one hour!