Winning a pitch is probably a single most important outcome in a presentation to secure new business.
With stiff competition these days (along with the pressure of recession, pushing competitors to be more aggressive and prospects to be more selective) standing out of the competition is every business owner endeavour.
Take heed – There’s always a way to get your business noticed by rising above the competition, if you diligently seek for ways to improve your pitch. I am fortunate to have Joey Asher’s How to Win a Pitch book with me, and I recommend you to read it. Here’s why.
Who is Joey Asher, what is ‘How to Win a Pitch’ and how he and his book can help small businesses securing more business
Joey Asher, the author of How to Win a Pitch, knows what he is talking about – Joey’s firm has been helping companies win new business pitches for 22 years, and has helped businesses securing billions of dollars-worth of new business – Thanks to the no-nonsense and practical advice that are guaranteed to increase your chance to pitch better and secure new business.
Joey explained in his book that his business clients’ common issue has always about “how to distinguish them from the competition when what they are offering is similar.”
There are 5 fundamental ingredients that are essential for a simple plan to winning new business. The 5 fundamentals are:
- Focus the Message on the Business Problem
- Organize the Message Around Three Memorable Points
- Show Passion
- Involve Your Audience in the Presentation
- Rehearse… Rehearse… and Rehearse Again
Joey Asher guarantees that executing the 5 fundamentals the right way will make your firm stands out from the competition.
Why I recommend you to read Joey’s book
I’ve read How to Win a Pitch and I must say the advice Joey is giving is very doable and will immediately impact your chance to win a business pitch.
Joey’s book is an answer to the following questions:
- How to convince the business owner you pitched to choose your firm over the others.
- How to make your prospects see that your solution is the best choice when you only have 45 minutes to one hour to explain your solution.
- What and how to present in a presentation that will get you the attention you want, and eventually win the new business.
No matter in what type of business you are in, you have to read this book, as it contains practical advice that will make your presentation stands out right away, and eventually win you more new business.
Just make sure you implement what you have read.
Winning more pitches